The ERA-PIR-SPK is a PIR activated sensor that emits a sound from the speaker when triggered. The unit features a state-of-the-art passive infrared sensor that triggers when the combination of heat and movement are detected in the monitored zone.
Typical installation is to mount the sensor over a door using the included mounting bracket. What makes this unit stand out over other sensors is the design of the mounting bracket. Most PIR sensor mount on a pivot ball and do not allow you to aim the sensor’s emitted beam straight down towards the floor. Although this might work well when you want to cover a general area, many business owners and managers want to use this product for a specific purpose, often to detect movement through a doorway. By being able to mount this sensor on the bracket and rotate the sensor’s lens up and down, you can “aim” the beam straight down and not bleed into other areas.
For example if you have a convenience store, you probably want to detect when someone enters through a doorway, but do not want to detect general foot-traffic through your store–that might be annoying.
When triggered, the sensor will emit sound from a speaker on built into the unit. It does not transmit the signal to a remote location like the sister product, the ERA-PRDCR. Ideal for areas up to 3,000 ft., the gentle tone sounds with volume control is enough to notify, but not alarming. If you need something louder, please refer to the product referenced above, the ERA-PRDCR.
Motion Sensor Features:
- Four level volume control (set to highest level, 80db at factory).
- By default, unit is programmed to play “ding-dong” sound when triggered. Sound may be changed to one of three available sounds.
- Powered by 9V-Alkaline battery (not included). Unit is specifically designed to preserve battery life. Battery life estimated at 18 months at 50 rings per day.
- Special tone played when battery is weak and needs to be replaced.
- Sensor resets after 5-seconds.
- Unit ships with mounting bracket and mounting screws.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Manufactured by Safeguard Supply.
*Notes on mounting the unit:
The higher the unit is mounted, the larger the monitored zone becomes. For example, mounted at 8 feet off the ground, the sensor will emit a zone approximately 9.2′ wide x 0.6′ depth. At 16′ mounting height, the zone is increased to 18.4′ w x 1.20′ d. The unit was engineered to created a narrow depth as most customers are business users who will use this product in a convenience store or store. The narrow depth of the zone helps to eliminate unwanted triggers by foot traffic near the monitored door.